- 8-10 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of your choice (depends what I have in the fridge, but have used cream, milk, almond milk, etc.)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Olive oil (or butter)
- Cheese, preferably shredded, or sliced thinly
- Vegetables: Broccoli (frozen), Arugula, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, whatever is in your fridge
Preheat oven to 350.
Saute shallot & garlic in olive oil over low heat.
Place shallots & garlic in an even layer across the bottom of the baking dish.
(If using Pyrex, no need to grease the pan.)
Layer your cheese over the shallots, followed by the vegetables of your choice.
Crack eggs into a large bowl.
Add milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and beat together.
Pour egg mix over the rest of the ingredients in the Pyrex.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the center is no longer jiggling.